We are very committed to protecting your privacy. As internet technologies are constantly changing Find a Grandparent may revise this privacy statement at any time by updating this information. Find a Grandparent will notify you of these changes by email to the registered email address if you have registered on our website. Your continued use of this website following the posting of any changes to the privacy statement constitutes acceptance of these changes. If you object to any of the changes you have no choice but to terminate your membership.
2. Why do we save your information
We collect personal information from you to allow us to provide our services to you, and to assist us in operating and maintaining the Site.
3. What information do we save
- The personal information that you enter when you register for our shop or that you supply to us when ordering a product.
- Information that you provide to us when you participate in promotions and other events.
- Personal and other information that you might give us in a survey or when you contact us.
- Information relating to your use of, and behavior on our website. This information is commonly referred to as "clickstream" information. For example, we may record information such as the areas of our website you have accessed, the time, date and URL of the pages requested by you, your IP address and your browser software. The recording of such information enables us to monitor the areas of the website that are most popular and to improve sections of the website accordingly. Find a Grandparent monitors your visit to our website using the Google Analytics service.
4. How long do we keep your personal information
- We will keep the information for 1 year after your purchase unless you registered in our shop. In this case your information will be saved for 1 year after you have deleted your account.
- We may keep your information for more than one year if there are unresolved issues regarding your purchase, e.g. an unresolved complaint. In this case your personal information will be deleted one year after the issue has been resolved unless legal obligations require us to store the information for longer.
5. Who can see your information
- Your personal information is only visible to you and Find a Grandparent. We will not provide your personal information to third parties including companies who advertise on our site. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party services providers where necessary to assist us in maintaining our website and providing our services to you. We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers if the products that you purchase are sent directly to you from the supplier. Those third parties will have access to only that personal information required by them to perform their functions, and they may not use such information for any other purposes, nor are they to provide your information to third parties without your consent.
- However we reserve the right to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, legal requirement, police investigation or governmental request.
- Other than as outlined above, we will always send you a notice (which may occur via your nominated e-mail address) when we wish to provide personal information about you to third parties, and provide you with the opportunity to choose not to share that information.
6. Access to your personal information
You can access your personal information by logging into your account using your email address and your personal password. Here you can update and correct your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers.
However, as the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed, you provide information to us using these means at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party. This includes third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions or any applicable laws. The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
Please also check the Privacy statement of our payment service PayPal by clicking here .
Privacy Statement V1 dated 1 August 2014